Head of Partnerships
Date: February 7th, 2018
Category: Business Development, Marketing / Strategy
Based in Toronto, Format is the leading online portfolio platform for professional visual artists around the world to exhibit, market and sell their work. We are a proudly self funded business with tens of thousands of customers across every country worldwide.
Format supports professionals that work at the intersection of creative, media and technology. We are seeking an experienced, capable, inspired leader who will seek, win, and grow industry and technical partnerships so Format can better empower our visual artist customers to grow their businesses.
The Head of Partnerships position is an important strategic role at Format. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for identifying, generating, negotiating, and winning new opportunities for revenue-based partnerships. Working with the product, marketing and customer success teams, you will then manage the execution of partnership deals.
- Identify and secure new strategic business partnerships. From initiating the partnerships and negotiating the terms of agreement through to managing/owning the relationships.
- Prioritize and pursue relationships with external organizations. To improve our customers’ experience with Format and drive measurable business results.
- Explore areas to create incremental opportunities of growth. Through partnerships and other initiatives develop growth strategies for Format.
- Work closely with the CEO and Chief Product Officer to set direction and priorities for partnerships. Set business objectives for each relationship and manage them appropriately based on impact and priority.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years experience building lasting partnerships in a SaaS, advertising or media business.
- Demonstrable experience negotiating and closing deals; project management, execution and operating of marketing campaigns; and working with technical teams to design and build solutions.
- You are comfortable working independently to own, execute and achieve your goals.
- You are a highly organized, goal-oriented self-starter with exceptional project management and communication skills including effective negotiation and presentation capabilities.
- You are strategic, innovative and forward-thinking.
- You exhibit a balance of intuition and analytics. You are able to build lasting relationships with people and also make informed decisions based on data.
About DTC Force:
Some of the benefits of working here include:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io..res/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.